Ad 728×90 costco amex truearnings

And We Lived Happily Ever After written by Anonymous

Posted By Rebecca Eckler on March 2, 2011

Tagged: Anonymous, Rave

So this is me: I’m a kind of nuts twenty-something and generally a free spirit, I live in the moment, and enjoy spending every day with the love of my life: myself.

Get this, I am also “married.

So how did this come to be, you may ask? Was this a shotgun wedding? The by-product of a two-year love affair with nowhere left to go? The answer is “no.” Seven years ago I just fell in love.

I met the Poetry Man when I was at a place in my life where I wanted to just enjoy being a single under-grad. First-year of university to be precise. The idea of being a confirmed bachelorette was very appealing to me and I wanted to stay that way for a bit. But when this wildman came along, neon-blue cocktail in hand, I thought I fell through a time warp to another place, another era, the one in which I should have been born. And he was after me.

A pure love story ensued. And let me tell you this: it was so easy.

I meet a lot of people who ask me things like, “how did you know?” “Did you plan this from the start?” Or just say, “I want to be single for a while,” and “I’m not looking.” Well, my response to that is, “who is?” From where I stand, here in the “happily ever after” portion of life, the second you start looking for something specific, folks, that’s when you shut yourself off to the real possibilities.

All I can really answer is that we just fell in love. That is all. We had no drama, we had no weird “proposals,” or anything. We just bought a condo together and just realized the next step would be a huge party after a solid seven years. It was a very organic process that just felt right from the very beginning. From one moment to the next, from here to eternity.

My advice to everyone is not to look for a soul-mate, or ask yourself within a month of going out “is this the one?”

Oh my brothers, you should not have to ask that question.

Back to Rant or Rave

7 Responses to And We Lived Happily Ever After written by Anonymous

1. bettyhall says:

Great story. Wishing you well in all your endeavors.

2. Laura Moscone says:

I think you’re right! It just happens; yes love just happens.
    When you least expect it something happens; which triggers another event, which triggers another one, and before you know it…. You’re in Love,

3. Claudia says:

You’re very luck to have met such a wonderful man! I think NOT LOOKING is great advice – I SO wasn’t ready for another relationship when I met David too.

4. Joanna says:

You are very right, love just happens. Your story gives me faith, it gives a lot of girls faith because I honestly think people just go looking for love, they never let it happen & it usually fails. You’re awesome thank you for this fantastic advice.

5. karen Hulme says:

And that’s the truth!! K

6. lynn iacobelli says:

Yes you are a ‘free spirit’ and also very mature for your years. You have always looked at life as the ‘big picture’ and in doing so, you have thrived and expanded your horizon beyond your expectations. Your ‘Poetry Man’ has enriched your life more than you know, as you have his and you both ‘gel in each other’s compatability’ ~ most likely because you did not go looking for the perfect ‘partner’. When we live in a dream, we look for the dream but seeing past the clouds is a little harder…..I agree with you ~ love ‘just happens’ and usually for the right reasons……….

7. Paul Santa Cruz says:

I’m going to send this story to my single (female) friends who all think the only way they are going to find someone is through match.com or some other matchmaking service. I tell them not to force it, just to ‘let’ it happen. This is great affirmation.